Thursday, May 22, 2008

After a week like this...

...I seriously think about moving to some great Catholic community (like Ave Maria, FL) and homeschooling the kids.

I got a call from the preschool on Tuesday that Andrew's mouth was bleeding and he had a fat lip (nobody's fault, just an accidental bumping of heads). I was at work and so was Phil, so nobody could go pick him up and take him home. I felt so bad that when he was hurting and sad, he had to stay at school. His teacher and our friend was wonderful, and gave him popsicles to help the swelling and took great care of him, but still it was one of those guilty-working-mom-moments.

That same day, John-Paul got a note from one of his teachers saying that he had lied. The story, from his mouth, was that he dropped a paperclip on the floor and when the teacher asked him if he dropped it, he said no. Oh boy, lying is not tolerated around here, and the school is likewise intolerant of it, so he got into trouble.

In the middle of the week, John-Paul and I went to the store to pick up some things we needed for our trip to Maryland this weekend. And he started telling me that he really really wanted Sketchers sneakers because they were the coolest. Also, he was humming a song and when I asked what he was humming, he said "It's the Hannah Montana song". I asked him how he knew that song and he replied "Everybody knows that song Mom, it's so cool". Aaaarrrgghhh!!! How can I protect him from the things I don't want him to know about yet? Granted right now it's merely Hannah Montana, but soon he will hear about all sorts of stuff that he will be too young to properly understand.

So, what am I supposed to do? Well, I think the answer is prayer, and lots of it. Phil and I are trying to discern what is best for the kids, the sanity level in the household, and what is financially do-able. SO please join us in praying for the right decision to be made clear. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me...