Sunday, May 11, 2008

Living the Dream

When I was a little girl, all I wanted to be when I grew up was a Mom. On different occasions I would add artist, doctor, genetic engineer, accountant, or PA to that list, but wanting to be a Mom was something that never changed.


Perhaps it was because I had such an incredible mother. A mother who stayed at home to raise us 6 kids most of the year, turned every house into a home, and cooked amazing dinners and desserts. She would then work extremely hard all summer long at her homemade ice cream shop in order to provide us with private Catholic school tuition, college tuition, and everything else we needed. My Mum was always ready with a smile and a hug (and still is!) and now helps us raise our own children, whether it be through babysitting, or imparting her motherly wisdom.


Perhaps I wanted to be a mother because I wanted to be a wife. I'm probably the most hopeless romantic I know. I just love love!! I couldn't wait to find the man of my dreams (and did I ever!) and get married. God has blessed me tremendously with a spouse who is here to protect us, provide for us, and partner with me in raising our family. He is dreamy in every way possible!


But I think I wanted to be a mom the most because I love kids. I was always the girl who wanted to babysit, found myself choosing to sit at the kid tables, and working at a daycare just to be around kids. I have been so lucky to be able to have four beautiful, healthy, funny, and smart children who make me happy everyday. Now, don't get me wrong, their have been many moments of mothering despair, but the majority of this whole motherhood thing is wonderful.


So, all in all, I can really say that I am living the dream, and I thank God for it, as well as for sending us the perfect role model of motherhood, Mary. Blessed be all the moms today, and Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me...