Sunday, July 27, 2008

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall...

Who's the FATTEST of them all?

This is one of my pet peeves; how different mirrors can make you look better or worse (aka skinnier or fatter).

Case in point: When I go to my gym to workout, I usually feel pretty good about myself as I catch a glimpse in the mirror while I'm lifting weights or as I walk from the treadmill to the Nautilus equipment. I seem to look leaner, tanner, and that makes me feel good.

Then I get home, and I see my reflection in my bathroom mirror, and think of how much more I should've worked out, or how this sags, or that could look better. And I wonder, is it just the lighting that is different? Is it all in my head? Do I just feel better about my image while I am working out than when I am back home?

But I think the answer is that the mirrors are all slightly skewed. I remember a friend who used to work at this J Crew outlet tell me that the mirrors in the dressing room make you look taller, leaner, etc. so that you are more likely to buy the clothes. Then you get home, and say "What was I thinking when I bought this itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini?"

Hmmmm, all I know is that I'm gonna believe that the mirrors at the gym and the one in my bedroom are showing me the real reflection of myself, and all those other mirrors that make me feel worse are not true images at all. Yeah, that makes me feel better, a little!

And this little ditty is soooo true:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me...