Thursday, September 18, 2008

Guardian Angels


I just adore my Guardian Angel, don't you?

I've been really lucky to have grown up realizing that I have my own special angel watching over me. My mom taught me all about it when I was just a tiny tot, and now I teach my kids all about their angels.

We say our Guardian Angel Prayer daily in this house, which is as follows:

Angel of God, my guardian dear,
to whom God's love commits me here.
Ever this day be at my side,
to light and guard,
to rule and guide. AMEN.


Whenever I am feeling lonely or scared, I always remember that I have my angel with me and I'm not alone. It's a very comforting feeling, and one I urge my boys to think about often. Also, if I pass a car accident or hear about a tragedy that could have easily been me, I thank my G.A. for protecting me.

The Catechism of the Catholic Church says this about our guardian angels:
"From infancy to death human life is surrounded by their (the angels) watchful care and intercession. Beside each believer stands an angel as protector and shepherd leading him to life. Already here on earth the Christian life shares by faith in the blessed company of angels and men united to God."

Amazing when you really think about it, isn't it? God gave us each an individual protector who's on duty 24-7, and most likeley gets ignored by most people. So don't ignore your G.A. any longer...pray to him, thank him, and tell others about him so they can experience God's love as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me...