Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Gratituesday

(I stole Gratituesday from Laura...thanks for the idea!)

Today I am thankful for my kids' sleep schedule.


We have finally (knock on wood) made it to a point where everybody sleeps through the night. Unless someone is sick or teething, we are getting uninterrupted sleep.


Sleep is one of those things in life that you take for granted before you have kids. But oh man, after babies, it is a much sought after treasure!! Since we had our four children so close in age, except for a brief few months between kids #3 and #4, we have not had a good night's sleep in 6 years!!


But now, we have seen the light...or actually we see the inside of our eyelids ;) Our kids all go to bed between 6:30 and 7:00, and don't wake up until 6 or 6:30. I swear we don't medicate them, either!



This schedule gives Phil and I some quality time together each night, and although the mornings are early, Phil and the boys have to get out the door for school by 7 am anyway. So it works perfect for us, and I am extremely grateful for it!

4 comments:

  1. Green with envy! It's the youngest...and I'm so used to not getting enough sleep I don't remember what it feels like!
    By the way...now that you've finally reached that milestone, you know you'll be pregnant before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! Yay!!!! Tell me again, what is uninterrupted sleep? LOL! 12 years...and maybe 6 or 7 nights of sleeping 8 hours in a row. Now my stupid body is so out of practice sleeping, that I can't seem to get a good night sleep, despite our littlest (who's about to be two) sleeping through the night at least a few nights each week. Grrrrrr.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how Eamon is sleping on a storage box...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, all those pictures of little babies make me squirm wanting to cuddle them! How sweet!

    Our kids are on the same sleep/nap schedule and we worked hard to make it that way. The only exception is the toddler, who goes to bed an hour earlier than his older siblings. That's good too because it gives a little more time with the older kids without having to wrangle markers/paint/books away from Isaiah.

    Enjoy the peace and quiet! :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...