Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Gratituesday

Today I am thankful for my wonderful husband, Philip.



Not only is he easy on the eyes, but he's such a great dad and my best friend!

He does the typical husband duties (provide for the family, take out the trash, mow the lawn, shovel the driveway) and so much more.

On the days I work, he cooks dinner for everyone and has the house clean when I get home. He puts the kids to bed on the nights I have kickboxing classes without complaint.

He bakes the best cookies from scratch whenever we need a sweet treat. He plays Wii with the boys and takes them to playgrounds and chases them around. He's been teaching John-Paul how to catch with his baseball mitt, and plays a mean game of monster basketball with the kids.

He brings me ice water if I'm working on the computer or just watching tv. He lets me nap on weekends with the kids. He does laundry and vacuums if I can't get to it. He rents chick flicks just because he knows I want to see them. He wakes up first almost every morning of the week and gets the kids ready for school. He brings me flowers for no reason at all.

I seriously don't know how I got to be the lucky one he chose, but I sure am grateful that he did!

(What are you thankful for today?)

6 comments:

  1. What a great hubby you have! It makes such a difference to have a sweet husband. I don't know how some women do it who have husbands who aren't helpful or good with their kids.

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so beautiful. In this world of man-bashing, it's a good witness for us to say "There ARE good men out there!"

    I love this part - "he's easy on the eyes." cute!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very easy on the eyes! ;) Bless your Philip, what a wonderful father, husband, and friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Husbands are great! Sounds like you've got a winner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you need to ask yourself why I do these things for you. It is obviously because I realize how lucky I am to have you. Anyway, don't sell yourself short. You are an amazing, gorgeous and loving wife and mother. Lets consider what you do for me and the family. First of all, you had four pregnancies (so far), some of which were extremely difficult. You spend most of your day cooking, cleaning, and caring for 5other people. You help me support the family financially by contributing in so many ways. You have babysat other children even though we have our hands full with four of our own. You work at night doing bookkeeping for the kids school to help them get a Catholic education. Even when you work during the week, you babysit for your sisters on the days you are home so they will watch our kids while you work. In our marriage, I have never once had to worry about paying bills. You have always taken care of it which is a good thing because if I did it they would have turned off our heat, electricity, and cable a long time ago. You take such good care of me and the kids. You are a great cook, wonderful hostess, loving mother, and beautiful wife. You love God, love me, and love our kids. What else could I ever ask for. I am just trying to keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Easy on the eyes, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...