Monday, November 23, 2009

Home Makeover (finally!)

I don't know why it has taken me so long to post pictures from June when we had our house painted, but I just kept procrastinating. Anyway, the pictures aren't the best (I didn't take exact before and after shots of the same rooms), but you'll get the idea.
~
Family Room
Old:
Pink walls on top, beige on bottom with a dirty cream trim...yuck!


New:
Linen White walls and white trim
~
Living Room
Old:
Beige walls with dirty cream trim (it wasn't bad, just needed lots of touch ups)
New:
Linen White walls with white trim
~

Dining Room
Old:
Wallpaper on top walls, sage green on bottom with dirty cream trim
(Wallpaper was a lot of work to remove, but worth it!)
New:
Yarmouth Blue walls on top, white on bottom, with white trim
~
Master Bedroom
Old:
A pretty but too shiny blue with dirty cream trim

New:

I forget the name of the color, but it's a green/gray color with "spa" or "tranquil" or something similar in the name, and white trim

And I loved the colors and ocean scene in these curtains!
~

Downstairs Bathroom
Old:
Light minty green color with wallpaper trim and dirty cream trim
That mirror just looked out of place!


New:
Same green/gray as master bedroom with white trim
And a new mirror!

~

Kitchen

Old:

Yellow with dirty cream trim


New:

They repainted it yellow, with white trim which really made difference!


This little sign is right outside our bedroom...I hope it stays true forever!

~
Screened Porch
I don't have a picture of the old one, but it was dirty and gross.
Phil and my Dad screened this porch in when we first moved in, and then Phil painted this himself. Pretty handy, considering he is a theology teacher!
We were going for a breezy, beachy, clean type of look and feel, and I think we accomplished it!

11 comments:

  1. Oh my.
    Looks gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I've been waiting for this post ever since you painted! Glad to see it.
    What crisp, clean colors! Beautiful. I really like the white trim too. Looks like it all works really well in your house.
    Isn't it amazing what a little paint can do? I'm sure it was a very satisfying project. Turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks SO fresh and pretty!!! Great job! And that header image is darling...Maggie is BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow those are really pretty colors. they do make a big difference in just a few shades lighter/darker.

    We had the same wallpaper in our first house. There was also a lot of pink too in that house. We painted over it as well.

    We also had/have pictures very similar to yours with the beachy scenes and fabrics and lighthouses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow! That looks awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think it's beautiful!!!

    everything looks so fresh and crisp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This all looks wonderful. I love little makeovers...they make a big difference!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Looks awesome! What a great makeover for your home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! All fresh and clean, you must just love it. The white trim makes a huge difference. We painted a few years ago and have finally used all the leftover paint for touch-ups up. I have a feeling I'll be painting when preschool starts next fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!!!!!!!! Absolutely LOVELY!
    Your home looks so cozy and warm and peaceful! You must feel like you are on retreat each day...um...ok....well...when all the kids are outside or sleeping...ha ha.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...