Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

Well, today is the last day of 2009. Where did the time go?? It was a wonderful year for us here in the Martin Family. We had no major events that occurred, and that's just how I like it!


I normally don't make resolutions, but I do LOVE to make lists and plans, and we all know what God does when he sees our plans (he laughs!). But, I think I'll go ahead and get some things down in order to be held accountable.


So for 2010, I would like to:


1) Get my prayer life in order...meaning, have an established routine and prayer time.


2) Continue to exercise 6 days a week.


3) Complete a half-marathon.


4) Lose 5 more pounds. I just would love to see 1-3-anything on the scale. I was 136 on my wedding day, so this might not be an attainable goal :)


5) Eat more fresh fruits and veggies.


6) Cook more balanced meals that we can all eat together and enjoy (is this possible with a picky hubby, and 3 picky kids out of 4?)


7) Have more patience.


8) Go on more dates (with Phil of course).


9) Read to my children more.


10) Go to Daily Mass whenever possible, not just whenever convenient.


Do you have any resolutions?

12 comments:

  1. Looks great! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God bless all "your" plans! If He is indeed behind them, you will surely have success!

    Have a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list Colleen! These seem like realistic/attainable goals. Now I will have to do some thinking on mine. Hmm...Do you think 'get pregnant' can be a resolution? Ha. Probably more like 'prayerfully be able to make a decision on how to increase our family size or be able to be settled in God's plan for our family'. We will see how that unfolds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great resolutions! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't generally do resolutions, but I really have decided to try and stop drinking soda. I drink one a day right now :/ I think if I can get it down to one a week to start I'll be good and then can cut it out. It's hard though in a house full of soda drinkers!

    I need more structure in my prayer life as well.

    By the way, I love your little picture on the left of the mouse!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great list of goals. It's so true, I think God laughs at my plans on a daily basis. I hear Him saying a little something like "Oh dear child . . ." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a wonderful list.. i hope 2010 brings you all the joy possible...

    see ya next year!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very good list of resolutions...and they seem to be attainable too. Good luck and I hope 2010 is a great year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. not any resolutions myself. i would love to go to daily mass...maybe in a few years from now...lol. sounds terrible of me but i could never handle taking all the kids to mass everyday at this stage of my life. I have always wanted to go to daily mass. I used to go before kids everyday. then I had one kid and I went every other day then less often and less and now at this point if i make it to sunday mass THAT is an accomplishmnet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your list! I could use a lot of those too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. CUTE CARD!!! Happy New Year to YOU too Colleen...and all of the Marvelous Martins!!!
    GREAT list!!! I admire your ability to have specific exercise time 6 days a week...that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your list (especially number 1)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...