Friday, November 7, 2014

7 Quick Takes On the First Friday in November

It's Friday!!  Joining Jen and the gang...

1)

Declan is 7 months!  


He still seems younger than that to me, as he is a petite little guy, but he is so loved around this house, it's awesome.


He's not sitting on his own very well yet, he loves baths and he loves to eat baby food - any and all veggies and fruits and oatmeal.  We never even used a baby spoon with him, just went straight to the big kid spoonfuls.

2)

Halloween happened.  This was a "Go pick out something from the costumes we already have" kind of year.  New additions can do that to a family :)


Declan's First Halloween.  He's a bee, but Xander didn't believe it because he didn't have a stinger.  He's a nice bee.


3)

Xander was a lion, and I tried to get a good picture of him, but he was too busy telling me that "The lion needs to pee!" 


In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion pees tonight....

4)

Oh mylanta.  This video cracks me up every time I see it.  You can stop watching right after she says "Doubt it!"  


Especially since having kids.

5)

Alexander eats a squeeze fruit every Mass (yes, we bring snacks to keep him quiet and yes, it needs to stop because he's 3 now).  He is always curious to know exactly what he's eating, so when we give it to him, we usually say, for example, "It's Blueberry, Apple, Carrot" and on this day I handed it to him without saying what the ingredients were and he looked at the picture and said:


 "It's Apple, Pear, Leaf"
(close enough)

6) 

Tomorrow is the last game day for FALL SOCCER SEASON 2014!!!

Goodbye 4 practices a week, goodbye 4 games a Saturday.  Hello....basketball season.
Wait, does this mean what I think it means?

7)

Phil and I are on a weight loss challenge in the Martin House.  In three days, he lost 6.5 pounds and I lost 4.5 pounds, then gained back 1.5 pounds on the 4th day.  What!?!?!?!  


Have a great carrot stick eating kind of weekend, my friends!

5 comments:

  1. Declan may be tiny but he is big on cute!!!!

    And it's so annoying how men lose weight faster. My brother has recently joined me on the Atkins diet (although he cheats A LOT) and in 4 weeks even with all of his cheating, hehas lost almost as much as I have in 12 weeks. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely crew. Prayers for a healthy weight loss journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For funnies! These were just a good round of Friday funnies to round out my not so funny, cranky day. Ok, so the weight loss thing was not so funny since you gained some back, but the cartoon was.
    Lastly, I mean really Declan, you make me smile every time I think of you. He makes you think you want another one, doesn't he??

    Happy last weekend of soccer (I hope that involves face painting....YAY!!!) and on to bball. You all are just such great parents. I truly mean that being that it's a lot of running and dedication from you and Phil to keep them involved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I weighed myself on a Friday and was down and the following Monday (having done nothing different over the weekend, but stick to the plan), I was up 4 pounds. How? How is that even possible? I'm blaming perimenopausal hormones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1) My little grandson baby is 7 months old, too! Just learning to sit up so he's behind his older brother and sisters.
    3) heh heh. I didn't know those were the words to that song? ;)
    4) That video!! But especially the ecard after it! lol. I didn't get it at first. haha

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...