Tuesday, March 3, 2015

That's What He Said



Listening to the Christian radio station in the car (because, Lent, ugh.)...

Andrew: They said the "A" word!!!
Me: What???  This is Christian music! I can't believe they said a swear!
Andrew: No, they said Alleluia during Lent!


At the dinner table...

Me: So what happened at school today?
Andrew: I got to serve Mass, and I was Thurible.
Phil: Well maybe you should try harder next time.


After looking at the dress that changes colors...

Andrew: We looked at this in school!
Me: Isn't it so weird?
Andrew: Nah, it's just an elliptical illusion.


Watching a tv show when they said something about Minnesota...

Xander: I love Minnesotas!
Phil: What are you talking about?
Xander:  Those orange things wif da sugar and we eat them outside sometimes because they are so messy?
Andrew: He means malasadas.

(I say Minnesota, he says malasada)



Walking out of Sunday Mass...

Monsignor: Don't forget, Andrew, you're serving a funeral mass tomorrow.
Andrew: (Big smile) I know!
Me: They love serving funerals, Monsignor.
John-Paul: Yeah, because we love money!!!!
Monsignor: (joking around) You mean you love to pray for the souls of the deceased.
John-Paul: (laughing) No, I just love the money!!!




And a great joke I heard...

Why do teenagers travel in groups of three?

Because they can't even.

:)

8 comments:

  1. A lot of bloggers can't even either and it drives me nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these are gems. Love the funeral mass one! Can't wait to tell my kids that joke.
    BTW, while I was driving the kids to school today I thought to myself, "Surely Christian music has won Colleen over by now." No such luck, huh??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! The funeral one cracks me up. I was so jealous of the boys serving weddings and funerals. One guy amassed quite a little bundle over the years. I was just stuck with babysitting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Your kids are hilarious, and Phil's pretty witty too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never had a malasada but based on the picture I just saw when I looked to see what they were, I think I need to try one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! You Martins are a HOOT! I die laughing every time.
    You remind Mr. Xander that his future wife lives in Minnesotas and if given the chance, I'm betting Gianna would also love malasadas.

    And thank you, because now I'm drooling over malasadas that I now recall were so.dang.wonderful. And I can't acquire one here in Minnesotas. And it's Lent.

    Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, John Paul has been FREAKING OUT at Cecilia when she accidentally says the A-word ;) Gotta love how seriously kids take Lent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too funny. I'm glad you actually remember these to write them down.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...