Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Tuesday Tidbits

If April showers bring May flowers, then what do May showers bring?

The blues.  (May flowers, however, bring Pilgrims).

Today we are finally getting some sunshine and warmer weather.  Hoorah, we all need a weekend in the sun to make up for this rainy spring.  I always think about spring and summer weather in relation to growing up, owning an ice cream shop.  This spring would have been bad for business! 

I am reading this book currently, after hearing Candace Cameron Bure recommend it.  And she looks amazing:



  Phil doesn't like it when I read diet/health books because it always impacts the food in the house ;)  Anyway, I don't think I can ever eat quite like the author, but I wouldn't mind trying to go off dairy for a little bit to see what changes would occur.  I don't drink milk, but I eat yogurt everyday and I love cheese and ice cream and half-n-half in my coffee.  The struggle would be real.  It just stinks to reach your mid-to-late thirties and realize that you have to change the way you eat in order to fit into your clothes.  I really, really don't want to be obsessed with my weight, and I barely ever weigh myself, but when the clothes are all tight and we don't have funds for a new wardrobe, something's gotta give, and it's usually the carbs.



Speaking of weight, the WAIT is over for my sil who was induced with her 8th baby yesterday.  It's a boy, Seamus John-Paul, and he's so adorable.  


This makes 4 boys and 4 girls in their family, how great is that?  Now my kids are asking when our 8th is coming.  Uh, hopefully not anytime soon, as the current baby is only 8 months.

Tomorrow Phil and I will celebrate our 15th Anniversary.  We will be attending John-Paul and Andrew's National Junior Honor Society Induction (Andrew is being inducted, JP has been a member for three years).  Nothing like celebrating an anniversary by taking your 7 children to a school function in the evening :)  Note to anyone planning a wedding, May is a gorgeous time of year to get married, BUT May is such a busy month for First Communions, Confirmations, Mother's Day, weddings and school functions (NHS Inductions, Spring concerts, Prom, graduations) that I suggest waiting until the end of June.  Just my two cents which are worth about a penny.  

And finally, some photos from Phil's sister's wedding (taken with my phone because I forgot my real camera).  

The oldest grandchildren did a reading, so John-Paul did his and I was s proud of him, then he lost his brand new retainer at the reception and has to get a new one for $400!!  Guess who's paying for it?  Well it starts with a J and ends with a P.



The beautiful bride and her handsome husband:


The 15 year old bride and groom:



And my kids, I was so worried I'd forget some clothes or shoes in all the packing, but we were okay!

A rose amongst the thorns :)

Brendan is not lacking in confidence.
 We came home on Mother's Day and it was a very nice, low-key day that included lounging in bed, reading, a 6 mile run, and chocolate covered strawberries.  And that's a little wrap up on this Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. You look great! Whenever I cut out dairy, I never cut out the cream in the coffee. I just can't do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already saw a difference with my metabolism once I hit 30. So there's more changes to come once I hit (mid-to-late) 30s/early 40s??? oh no.... I love shopping and all but yes, I cannot just do an overhaul again. I am already happy with my one-size up. (wink!)

    Good point about May -- it's such a busy month. Memorial weekend, my mom's bday, mother's day, graduations -- and now my LUCAS' bday :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...