Sunday, December 3, 2017

Super Quick Takes on the 1st Friday in December

Linking up LATE on the First Sunday of Advent with Kelly and Friends!  TGIF!

1)
Calling all bloggers who love to read!  I am starting a Blogger Book Recommendation page up there at the top of this site, and if you would like to send me a list of your favorite (and clean/wholesome/PG rated) books, I will happily add your list there and link back to your website.  Email me your list at collmart at gmail dot com.

2)
My beautiful girl turned 10 on Friday...





She had swimming lessons (she says she's a good swimmer because she was born underwater.  True story!) and then it was pizza, sundaes and presents.  'Twas a great evening, her "Best birthday yet!".


3)
St. Andrew's Novena started Nov. 30, and I am determined to pray it 15 times a day until Christmas.  I got this great photo from Sweet Little Ones Shop that I saved as my lock screen on my phone and make myself pray it every time I pick up my phone.  I have two big intentions that I'm asking God to answer and I know He'll come through.  Since God is outside of time, I'm thinking you could jump in now if you haven't already!

4)
I have been (finally) working on Brendan's baby book.  He's 15 months, but better late than never.  I figure if I can get it done soon, it'll be his Christmas present, so maybe procrastination pays off after all!  It's been bittersweet to look through baby photos like this one:



5)
Can I just let you all know that I wear a pair of these pants every week.  I have them in three colors because they just fit so great, plus there's an awesome 50% off sale going on now!

6)
Some around the house photos from our Christmas prep:



We Three Kings

Xander's first year placing Mary on top of the tree




Making a list and checking it twice

7)
I am trying something new for Advent - a simplified meal plan.  We are going to feast on Sundays, then do Sandwich, Soup, Salad, Pasta, and Meatless meals during the week...Saturday will most likely be a hodgepodge of leftovers I like to call smorgasbord to pretend it's more fun than it really is.  I'll see how it goes, wish me luck!

Happy First Sunday of Advent to you all!

4 comments:

  1. Where did you get your tree topper....Is it an angel or Mary? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could lead you to a store...but it was a gift!

      Delete
  2. Where did you get your beautiful Mary for your tree?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the baby book! 😂. Rachel is 4 and barely has anything in hers, Susan’s is zip, and we just had Gwen. But I’m determined to get them done in January or February.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...